May 22, 2014

New York, NY, USA

Dear Blog reader,

Welcome to my blog, Letters in a Bottle. This blog serves to document my trip aboard the MV Explorer on the Fall 2014 Semester at Sea Voyage.

I'm incredibly excited for the opportunity to visit so many countries! I hope my experience will allow me to view the world with new eyes - to sea the world with new perspective and understanding. I want to understand the varying degrees of opportunities for women worldwide. I want to learn how people interact with their governments. I want to taste the flavors of countries far and near. I am excited to explore.

I designed this blog such that each entry will be a letter to a different friend or loved one. In a way it feels like the old-timey letters people would write as they sailed to unexplored terrain. More importantly for my experience, I want my blog to be personal - I want you to take the journey with me.

So, blog reader, thank you for taking the journey with me to sixteen exciting countries. I encourage you to check out the other pages on this blog to learn more about my adventure.

With love,

Nicole










No comments:

Post a Comment